As my market venues start to open again, Cosy Kitchen has been reviewing the rules put in place by the different locations and formulating it's own protocols to ensure everyone’s safety and preventing the spread of Coronavirus.
The protocols described will be constantly reviewed to minimise the spread of the virus and take into consideration additional measures the locations have implemented themselves.
At present (23.06.2020) the following of my regular market locations are OPEN:
- Ludlow Produce Market (2nd Thursday of the month)
- Uttoxeter Craft & Produce Market (4th Saturday of the month)
To provide the best customer service whilst preventing the spread of the virus, the following measures have been put in place.
- Training course completed ‘Preventing the spread of COVID-19’.
- Research and implementation of specific measures for market traders (the base source being guidance from the National Market Traders Federation).
In the Kitchen:
- My usual high hygiene standards will of course be observed when preparing and packing food items.
- I am currently using additional PPE in the kitchen and undertaking extra cleaning.
- Hand cleansing protocols are strictly observed.
- To protect yourself, myself and others around you, please observe the social distance guidelines of staying 2m apart – this is preferred even if the guidelines have been relaxed!
- Due to different space allocations at different market locations, the number of people allowed at the stall at any one time will vary. Signage will be up to help you.
Pre-Orders for Collection:
- Official guidelines for operation are encouraging traders to take pre-orders whenever possible.
- Pre-orders for collection will be taken for all locations and a menu will be produced for each market location.
- This menu will be shared on Social Media, however, if you would like one sent directly to your inbox then please message me with your e-mail address and the market you will be attending and I will make sure you have this in advance.
- Pre-orders will be paid for by remote payment link prior to collection.
- Your order will be ready for you collect on arrival at the stall.
On Stall Measures:
- Please pre-order if at all possible.
- If there is a queue, a menu will be displayed to help you choose ahead of reaching the stall.
- There will also be signage explaining how many people are allowed at the stall at any one time.
- Sneeze guards will be in place to reduce the amount of touch points and to create a barrier.
- All products will be covered or pre-packed.
- Extra cleaning of touch points will be undertaken using a suitable disinfectant.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for customers to use.
- Contactless payment by card is preferred.
- Cash payments can still be taken and I have a tray for money to be dropped in to minimise hand contact. Hand sanitiser will also be used after handling money as a matter of course.
- Hand cleansing will take place between customers and after handling money, eating and comfort breaks.
- I will be wearing a face mask whilst setting up and a visor during market opening hours.
- Additional screens will be sourced as necessary.